Most commercial diets will work for the general public. Otherwise they would cease to exist. However, as a medical practitioner Dr. Dunlop deals with a different type of clients. All of Dr. Dunlop's patients have medical conditions that are related to obesity. The diet plan will have to be customizing to fit the needs of each individual. For there are many medical conditions that can cause weight gain. Simply going to a weight loss clinic and being given a set of meal plans, or purchasing prepared diet food may not work. It can even endanger the patient's health.
• Reduce Calorie Intake : Eat every time a bit less than what is required. If you are going to eat 1 apple, eat only half of it or if you wish to drink 1 glass of fruit juice, drink only half. This will help reduce your appetite gradually.
• Plan in Advance : You should plan your meals well in advance. If the ingredients you need to prepare your low-calorie meal are always at your disposal, then you don’t have to eat unwanted food.
• More but Smaller Meals : Eat 5-6 smaller meals per day, instead of eating only once or twice. This leads to higher metabolism meaning more weight loss and fat loss. You wouldn’t feel hungry when you eat 5-6 times, after equal intervals. In this way, you would eat less and would not gain weight.
• Plenty of Water : Drink lots of water which helps in enhancing the metabolism of the body. This will keep you fresh and fit. Drinking ice-cold water makes your body burn the calories which are required to heat the cold water to bring it to the normal body temperature. Water works as a good appetite suppressant.
• Increased Rate of Metabolism : Incorporate foods that help increase the rate of metabolism. For example, you may eat ½ cup apricots every day after meals, as they speed up metabolism and help in reducing weight or you may eat papayas which have papain that increases the rate of metabolism and helps in burning fats fast.
• Fiber Rich Diet : Dietary fiber helps clean out toxins and enhances the rate of metabolism. To ingest lots of fiber, you need to eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables.
• More Proteins : Whey or soy protein, and proteins from chicken, tuna and nuts should be present in your meals. These help in increasing the metabolism.
• Regular Exercise : Exercise in the morning as well as in the evening, at least for 20 minutes respectively. Brisk walking or casual walking can be an hour-long. You cannot skip exercises if you want to lose weight fast.
• Suitable Exercises: Bench presses, standing biceps curl, push ups, squats and cardiovascular exercises can be performed daily under the guidance of a trainer. Type and severity of exercise may vary from person to person, depending upon his age, health and excess weight.
• Muscle Building Exercises : Muscle building needs lots of calories. So muscle-building exercises are good; as more calories will be burnt in the process. Again, this will depend upon age, sex, and overall health of the person.
• Increased Intensity : Increase the intensity of your workouts gradually. Opt for a totally different and new workout weekly so as to help you lose weight fast.
• No White Carbs : Avoid white carbohydrates like rice, potatoes and bread.
• No Fried Items : Do not eat fried things though they are tempting! Instead, you can enjoy baked vegetables, baked or roasted potatoes, baked lean meat. Believe me, they taste really good.
• Only Homemade Food : Try to eat homemade food as you would be sure about the calorie intake. Keep a list of super foods for weight loss ready and handy. You should strictly avoid fast food.
• Potassium Rich Foods : Eat bananas as they are high in potassium that helps burn fats.
• Lower Cholesterol : Incorporate low cholesterol foods in your diet. At the same time, include those foods which help lower cholesterol. For example, eat lots of artichokes which contains cynarin that can lower your cholesterol level drastically.
• No Sodas : Avoid drinks like diet sodas as they are artificially sweetened and contain 5 calories per serving. Drink plain water.
• Low Fat Foods : You should always include low-fat food products while preparing your meals. These days, low-fat versions of dairy products and all other products are easily available in the market.
• Small Plates and Bowls : Avoid using jumbo dinner plates, extra-large glasses and giant size bowls! They might tempt you to help yourself to more food.
• Change Slowly : You should not make drastic changes in your diet or should not change the diet suddenly. Dietary alterations should always be done gradually.
• Reduced Stress : Reduced stress level will help you in achieving your goal faster. With the help of yoga, pranayama and deep breathing exercises, you can reduce the stress level.
Let us work with you and teach you how to be successful. See our programs to find out what we can do for your health. Diet & Weight Loss. Eating Disorders. Emotional Health. Exercise & Fitness. Family problem. Grandparenting. Healthy Eating. Learning Disabilities. Memory, Personality Disorders.
We will give you in the Dunlop Health Centre International in Toronto, health professionals that will help you to get a full, healthy, vibrant life, where ever you are now. All of the programs offered by us are RESEARCHED AS medically and psychologically sound. Through the our health systems, you will eat regular food bought in regular stores and supermarkets. Then you will see how you will get success of our health systems
The results that we are promising, if you stick with the program, are ideal for increased health and energy and healthy longevity, for the long-term. This is meant to guide you to be Fit Forever, without needing the program forever
Dunlop Health Centres offers weight management programs that are designed to result in LIFELONG weight loss. We believe that in order to develop a healthy relationship with food and your weight the key factors are:
• Learning How to Bring Healthy nutrition into Your Life in a Realistic and Sustainable Manner
• Learning How to Change Your Behaviors
• Learning How to Define and Set Your Goals
• Learning How to Maintain Your Motivation
© Copyright - Alica, 2015.